There are so many unforgettable moments throughout our 14 day cruise, but I narrowed them down to six.
6. Palo As many of you saw in my blog posts, we went to Palo three times during this cruise. Disney service is already excellent, but Palo service is the epitome of excellence. I rarely splurge on 6-course meals back home so this was definitely a treat.
5. The Broadway-style Entertainment We went to almost every show that they offered on the cruise including Toy Story The Musical, Dreams, and the Golden Mickey’s. The concert featuring Susan Egan with a guest appearance from Jeanne Lehman (the original Belle and Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast on Broadway) to sing Beauty and the Beast together was a “lump-in-throat” moment. Hearing their stories re-confirmed my passion for theatre. The comedians, magicians and even the crew staff had some amazing talents that kept us highly entertained.
4. The Old City in Cartagena, Colombia and Puerto Vallarta We love architecture, old buildings and history. The old city in Cartegena had all of that and more. Puerto Vallarta was simply beautiful. We could definitely go back to these places again to spend more time.
3. A Number of Firsts: This was the first time I learned how to make towel origami, went horseback riding in Cabo San Lucas, kayaked in Costa Maya, crossed the Panama Canal, visited Mexico and South America, and participated in Disney Cruise’s line’s first ever flash mob. All in 14 days. What a journey!
Towel Origami (Can you tell which one is mine and which one is the host’s?)
2. Crossing the Panama Canal This was the climax of the trip. Disney prepped us nicely by providing the retired pilot captain to tell us what to expect as well as a narrator during the canal crossing. It was exciting to see how man took this mountain range, turned it into a lake and created these enormous locks for huge ships to cross from one ocean to another. Amazing.
1. Being on a beach and doing absolutely nothing in Costa Maya at Maya Chan This was the highlight of our vacation. I can look at the ocean for hours. Yes, I had an oceanview from my private verandah, but at Maya Chan, the hosts served us like royalty. We had all-inclusive drinks, buffet lunch, and a spectacular view of the ocean. I could definitely go back there again.
Melvin and I agree that we could definitely do this cruise again. We met quite a few friends that we plan on staying in touch with for a long time. I will miss having my room cleaned twice a day, not having to cook or think, hard, about what to eat, and relaxing. I did miss my boys a lot so it’s good to be home.
Me and our great Cruise Director, Christiaan
Two of Our Great Tablemates
Our next cruising journeys include the Mediterranean and the West Caribbean in 2013. Stay tuned for those in addition to a few land getaways here and there.
Hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures. Thanks for cruising with us.